Today I wanted to touch the subject of self-esteem and add some tips to build self-esteem and self-awareness.
Lets start with what self-esteem is,
Self-esteem is how much we like ourselves.
Those with high self-esteem feel worthy and are happy with who they are, not because they have it all, but because what they have is enough.
Building your self-esteem is about creating a positive view of yourself. Becoming self-aware of your abilities, strengths, who you are as a person and being at peace with it. We all have weak points but people with high self-esteem they work on those weak points in their lives to strengthen them instead of letting it get them down.
Your self-esteem will grows from accepting who you are becoming in life. There are many external factors as well that can feed how you see yourself. But don’t base your self-esteem on external things only because if they go wrong you will feel like you failed.
Instead try to find acceptance within yourself, quiet outside voices. Your life is yours to live so reach for what you want, build your own path, do what makes you happy and very importantly put yourself first always.
As your self-esteem grows so does your confidence. Here are some points to serve as guide.
- Set small goals
- Do things your good at. This way you can reinforce your best abilities, which always boosts your self-esteem.
- Don’t compare yourself with anyone, this only brings you down, compare yourself with who you were yesterday and do your best to be better everyday.
- Smile at everyone but most importantly smile at yourself.
- Build a plan of what you want your life to be, be realistic and accordingly set your goals.
- Socialize with people who are positive and that lift you up. Negative people are a big NO NO.
- Motivate yourself, be your personal cheerleader and don’t let anyone put you down.
- Organize the different areas of your life where you believe that you need to work on the most and do it! (Fitness, health, career, motherhood, cooking, hobbies, etc.) Don’t procrastinate!
- Live a healthy active lifestyle.
If you are happy with who you are, it will show in the way you act around others. So if your feeling a little low on self-esteem start working on accepting and trusting yourself and build on that, take small steps and remember that you are amazing and have so much to offer the world.